Everybody lets Zumba!
Zumba is a dance fitness program created by Colombian dancer and choreographer Alberto Perez in the 1990s.
It’s easy to learn and even most unathletic and clumsy people can still enjoy a Zumba workout.
It has caught on so well that each week approximately 15 million people take a Zumba class across 180 countries.
What is Zumba Dancing?
Zumba isn’t just one style of dancing. That’s one of the reasons it’s so popular. It gives the Zumba dancer the opportunity to listen and learn different styles of dance.
It gives the Zumba dancer the opportunity to listen and learn different styles of dance.
Zumba incorporates the following dance styles into its program:
Other dances such as the Tango, Pop and even Indian styles can be incorporated into a Zumba program. Also typically included in the program are squats and lunges.
So there’s a lot of movement. And a lot of great music.
And since there are different styles of dance and movement, it makes you wonder what to wear for a Zumba workout. Do they even make Zumba shirts to wear?
So here is all the information you need to know about Zumba shirts and which are the best one’s to wear for a Zumba workout.
How Do I Pick Out a Zumba Shirt?
When starting any new exercise program, it’s important to choose the right equipment.
After all, if you end up hurt, chafed or just miserably uncomfortable, you probably won’t want to continue to exercise.
Choosing the right wardrobe will help you in several ways:
- Provides you with the right mindset: Yes, you could probably go to Zumba in your pj’s but when you wear a Zumba shirt, your brain will also be wired for Zumba. You’ll find you have more energy and
- Helps eliminate wear and tear on your body: If you wear the wrong outfit, it could chafe, make you sweaty and cold or cut off circulation if the material is too tight.
Here’s what to look for in a Zumba shirt:
- It’s loose and allows you to move
- It’s flattering on you and you feel comfortable wearing it
- Wicks moisture away
What Types of Styles of Zumba Shirts are There?
While it may seem that one Zumba shirt is like all the others, there are different styles.
Choose the Zumba shirt style or styles that work best for your Zumba needs.
Many styles of Zumba shirts for women include:
- Crop Top
- Sleeveless Hoodie
- Tank Tops
For men, the Zumba shirt style tends to be a tank top or t-shirt.
What Types of Zumba Shirts Should I Avoid?
Since Zumba incorporates a lot of styles of movement, it’s important to find the right Zumba shirt to wear.
It’s also just as important to know what to avoid when picking a Zumba shirt.
Here’s what to avoid:
- Cotton: You’re going to sweat. So you want a material that will be able to easily wick moisture away so you’re comfortable. If not, get used to the chafing and chills a sweaty cotton t-shirt will give you.
- Low Cut Tops: Zumba will have you moving around like a Mexican jumping bean. Unless you want to be focused on whether or not you just had a wardrobe malfunction, choose an outfit your breasts won’t pop out of. To make sure you won’t have a nip slip, lean forward and move around in the shirt before making your purchase.
- Nanosilver: Since it claimed to fight bacteria, mold, and fungi, it became very popular to put this material in Zumba shirts. It even was supposed to hold back that horrible ugly smell. However, after about 5 washes it stops working and it’s bad for the environment and wildlife.
- A Long Sleeved Shirt Around Your Waist: Let’s see..it adds bulk to your body. It can fall off mid-step and trip you up. And you know you’re going to sweat so why would you need that extra layer?
- Thongs: While panty-lines aren’t great to look at, a bacterial infection from jumping around in a thong is way worse. Choose seamless undies with moisture wicking material.
Zumba is an amazing sport that nearly any athlete at any level can participate in.
It’s just a matter of finding the right equipment and the right studio.
We’re here to help you make sure you start out with Zumba looking and feeling your best.
Our website is dedicated to helping you find the best products at the best prices, without the hassle. We’d also love for you to let us know how we can make the Zumba shopping experience better for you.